1991 BRG F/S - $1000

View previous topic View next topic Go down

1991 BRG F/S - $1000

Post  Cookboyz on Wed Feb 22, 2012 11:57 pm

Yup, I upgraded to a 99, so the girlfriend says the 91 has got to go.

The car is in rough shape, and I am working on it bit-by-bit. But, it runs and drives. mmmm... lemons.

Drivetrain
I am currently doing some fuel work. I just replaced the fuel filter, now it feels like I loose a cylinder when I get into the throttle. I should have this figured out soon, but that is the status nonetheless. I purchased a stainless header which it looks like I will not get the chance to install. So, that's yours if you want it. (Sorry Alex)
Suspension
Replaced stock shocks with Tokico HP shocks. Supposedly they are crap shocks, but they handle better than the dead shocks I had before (and I got them for cheap, thanks Mike!) Also added FM front and rear sway bars. I broke a bolt that holds the front bar on, so I needed to weld one side of the bracket to the chassis. I tried, sorry.
Body
Yes, it's a BRG (with the nardi shift knob and all...) But it's lightyears from being a collectible. I am stripping the paint off the hood, which should be primed this weekend. Fenders have rot at the bottom, I am not going to bother with those as they are replaceable. The rear portion of the rockers are gone. I have cut them out and am in the process of welding new metal in place. The ragtop is in one piece but needs some severe cleaning.
Interior
Just as bad as the body. Driver's seat is very worn. Attempted to replace radio, and the plastic bezel shattered like glass. Go figure that's a $100 part....not going to happen.

Oh, and the windshield wiper fluid docent work.... and the wipers themselves are deathly slow. So are the power windows..... likely a bad ground. I managed to hook up a small water pump to a water bottle to get wiper fluid woking to pass inspection..... you can have the water pump too Razz.

The Good?
1) It's a Miata, duh 2) It has working cruise control. cheers

Email me at cook4ian@gmail.com if interested, or call 508 517 8043 after 4:30 pm.

Best,
Ian

Cookboyz

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 1991 BRG F/S - $1000

Post  Cookboyz on Thu Feb 23, 2012 12:04 am

^taken after I hosed it down with water Wink

Cookboyz

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top