Helmet recommendations?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Helmet recommendations?

Post  jcerier on Wed Jul 03, 2013 8:38 am

I used a loaner my first two days of auto crossing, but now I'm looking to buy a helmet. Any recommendations on what to buy and where to buy it? I'd like a full-face, and would like to be able to use for autocrossing and motorcycling. Home is Franklin, MA. Thanks.

-Jeff

jcerier

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Helmet recommendations?

Post  Nik17 on Wed Jul 03, 2013 2:49 pm

I purchased an HJC CL-16. It was the cheapest model I could find that was full face, and snell certified. I purchased it online from LeatherUp.com and a darkened face shield for $118 shipped before the beginning of the season.

I'm not sure when you plan on purchasing, but if you want to try mine on feel free to find me at the next event. I drive the Red NA #17.

Nik17

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Bruiser on Wed Jul 03, 2013 6:14 pm

If you want one quickly try any motorcycle shop near you that way you can try them on and be sure the fit is right. Look for the highest snell rating but be sure it's at least a 2005 so you can use it at other clubs if you wish.

Bruiser

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Bill B. on Thu Jul 04, 2013 8:10 am

When I lived in your area I went here http://www.momsouth.com/  Good prices and a BIG selection.

Bill B.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  jcerier on Wed Jul 24, 2013 1:55 pm

FYI I bought an HJC CL-16 today at MOM South. $135 + tax. I'm sure I could have gotten it cheaper online, but wanted to try it on, and get it this week. Ended up with an XS, which surprised me, but it fit better and more comfortably than some of the other S's. Also noticeably better peripheral vision than all the other helmets I tried.

See you Saturday.

-Jeff

jcerier

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top