what about guests?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

what about guests?

Post  Rotorglow on Tue Sep 16, 2008 1:13 pm

Two friends of mine are planning on coming to this Saturday's autox. One has a Miata and might (should?) be interested in joining the club. The other doesn't have a Miata. But I'm a little confused about the eligibility of non-members of RMC (or any of the other clubs) to drive in events. Can they show up and drive on a space-available basis, by paying any extra fees?

Any clarification would be great. Thanks.

Chris
Rotorglow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: what about guests?

Post  red61 on Tue Sep 16, 2008 11:17 pm

Hi Chris - Hopefully Rob will see this and be able to give you the "official" version in his capacity as autocross chair, but I believe the situation is that anyone registering for a Reneagde autocross must be a member of Renegade or one of the other clubs that we recognize (SCCA, North Country Porsche, etc.). If your friends are not members of one of those other organizations they can still participate: Your smart friend (the one who owns a Miata) could fill out a membership application "on the spot" on Saturday and you could also sponsor your non-Miata owning friend for an associate membership as well. In both cases they would have to pay the membership, but it is good for a year, not just for the remaining 2 autocrosses. Just remember that you are responsible for the behavior of the person your sponsor... I guess the implication is that Miata owners would never behave badly (at least in Ayer pirat). -Denis
red61

View user profile http://renegdademiata.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Bruiser on Wed Sep 17, 2008 12:21 am

Denis has explained the rules very well. SCCA, Boston BMWCCA, NCR Porsche are the clubs we recognize except our own. A valid membership card must be shown at registration.

Rob

Bruiser

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Rotorglow on Wed Sep 17, 2008 10:07 am

Sounds good. Thanks a lot for the info, especially the clarification of associate memberships. Naturally, any friend of mine is of *impeccable* reputation, and would *never* behave badly.... Very Happy

See y'all on Saturday.

Chris
Rotorglow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  mike.s on Thu Sep 18, 2008 11:00 pm

Chris, an unrelated question - are you driving back to Cambridge alone after the event? If so, could I beg for a ride? I'm planning on leaving the car at Devens for Sunday event so I don't have to swap tires.

mike.s

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Rotorglow on Fri Sep 19, 2008 5:07 pm

Mike,

Sure, I can give you a ride back. No problem.
Rotorglow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top