Alternate Autocross Site

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Alternate Autocross Site

Post  Joe on Mon Dec 15, 2008 10:14 am

There used to be a Folder for these posts...

Anyway, I happened to drive by the Raynham Dog Track a while back and noticed the Very large, "Empty" Parking lot...
http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&q=Raynham%20dog%20track&um=1&ie=UTF-8&sa=N&tab=wl

I'm not sure how it is handled but have they ever been approached regarding hosting Autocross events??
Joe

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Alternate Autocross Site

Post  bdguenthner on Wed Dec 17, 2008 1:51 pm

I think this would be difficult. I happen to live in Raynham and even though they are eliminating Greyhound Racing there are still enough business out back, park & ride and the gas station in the lot to give cause for concern. Also the main building host a resturaunt and simulcast racing. It is a little bit busier on the weekends. In a few years when the dogs are no longer running all the other activities might close down and then we would have a empty lot. Believe me I have been eyeing this since it is 4 miles from my house.

bdguenthner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Joe on Thu Dec 18, 2008 1:25 am

It isn't a few years away...
The tracks will be closed by Jan. 1st 2010... That is 1 year and 2 weeks or one autocross season away from now...
Joe

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  bdguenthner on Wed Dec 24, 2008 8:17 am

They are looking into an appeal to save all the jobs that will be lost. Also there is a possibility that slots will be allowed to run which would probably increase attendence. The lot would be an interestung site, with some of the uneven pavement, plus access to it off 495 would be great.

bdguenthner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top